About Maquarie University
Established in 1964, Macquarie University began as a bold experiment in higher education. Built to break from traditions: to be distinctive, progressive, and to be transformational. Today our pioneering history continues to be a source of inspiration as we celebrate our place among the best and brightest minds.
Recognised internationally, Macquarie University is consistently ranked in the top two per cent of universities in the world* and within the top 10 in Australia*.
Our research is leading the way in ground-breaking discoveries. Our academics are at the forefront of innovation and, as accomplished researchers, we are embracing the opportunity to tackle the big issues of our time.
Led by the Vice-Chancellor, Professor S Bruce Dowton, Macquarie is home to five faculties. The fifth and newest - Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences - was formed in 2014. We are also home to some of Australia's most exceptional facilities - hubs of innovation that unite our students, researchers, academics and partners to achieve extraordinary things.
Why Maquarie University?
Imagine studying in one of the world's greatest cities. A beautiful green campus bringing together perspectives from around the world, all on a path to a more exciting future. Welcome to Macquarie University.
With our 5-star QS rating and global reputation for expertise in areas like business and health and medical sciences, we produce graduates who are among the most sought-after professionals in the world.
Faculties and Schools
Faculty of Arts
• Department of Ancient History
• Department of Anthropology
• Department of English
• Department of Geography and Planning
• Department of Indigenous Studies
• Department of International Studies: Languages and Cultures
• Department of Media, Music, Communication and Cultural Studies
• Department of Modern History, Politics and International Relations
• Department of Philosophy
• Department of Security Studies and Criminology (formerly Department of Policing, Intelligence and Counter Terrorism)
• Department of Sociology
• Macquarie Law School
• Big History Institute
Faculty of Business and Economics
• Department of Accounting and Corporate Governance
• Department of Applied Finance and Actuarial Studies
• Department of Economics
• Department of Marketing and Management Faculty of Human Sciences
• Department of Educational Studies (formerly School of Education, Institute of Early Childhood)
• Department of Cognitive Science
• Department of Linguistics
• Department of Psychology
Faculty of Arts Medicine and Health Sciences
• Australian Institute of Health Innovation
• Department of Biomedical Sciences
• Department of Clinical Medicine
• Department of Health Professions
• Department of Health Systems and Populations
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Macquarie Applied Finance Centre
Macquarie Graduate School of Management
Macquarie University International College
Macquarie City Campus
Macquarie University, Sydney NSW 2109
1 George St, Sydney Sydney, New South Wales, 2000 , Australia