How much you pay for OSHC depends on the type of cover you need. We offer OSHC for:
- Singles – covering only the overseas student who is the primary Student Visa holder*
- Dual family – covering the overseas student, and either:
- One adult spouse or de facto partner
- One or more children under the age of 18 years old
- Multi-family – covering the overseas student and more than one dependant, which can include:
- Only one adult spouse or de facto partner
- One or more dependent children
The Australian Government requires that you have continuous OSHC for the entire length of your stay in Australia. So when you purchase OSHC, you’ll need to pay your policy premium upfront to cover you for the length of the student visa you’re applying for.
*Also note: if you hold a secondary student visa, you must be insured under the same policy as the primary student visa holder. You are only eligible to hold a single OSHC policy if you are the primary visa holder
If you decide to extend your study, you can renew you OSHC policy.