Global Leaders Scholarship - University of Newcastle
The Global Leaders Scholarship has been established to encourage and support international students from selected regions to study undergraduate and postgraduate programs with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle (Australia). Eligible regions are:
- Latin America
- Middle East
- South Asia
- South East Asia
Scholarships will be automatically awarded to students from the above countries who have received an offer to study in an eligible program and who will commence studying with University of Newcastle in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
This includes international students applying to study with University of Newcastle for the first time, as well as students entering via the following approved Newcastle International College (NIC) pathways:
- Students who successfully complete the Diploma of Business and Commerce with NIC and are entering the Bachelor of Business or Bachelor of Commerce (as year 2).
- Students who successfully complete the NIC Pre-Master's Program and gain entry to a Masters level Business School Program.
Both trimester and semester programs are included. Eligible programs are:
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Combined Innovation & Entrepreneurship programs with Business, Laws (Honours) or Commerce
- Combined Business programs with Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Laws (Honours) or Commerce
- Combined Commerce programs with Business, Innovation & Entrepreneurship or Laws (Honours)
- Juris Doctor
- MBA (Global)
- Master of Applied Finance
- Master of Human Resource Management
- Master of International Business
- Master of Marketing
- MBA/Master of Applied Finance
- MBA/Master of Human Resource Management
- MBA/Master of International Business
- Master of Dispute Resolution
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- MBA/Master of Marketing
- Master of Professional Accounting/MBA
- MBA (Global)/MSC (Data Analytics)
- Master of Professional Accounting
- Master of Professional Accounting (Advanced)
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship you must meet the following criteria:
- Be commencing in an eligible program with the Faculty of Business and Law, University of Newcastle as a new student or via an approved Newcastle International College (NIC) pathway (eligible programs exclude ELICOS only, Non-Award, MPhil, PhD).
- Be an international full-fee paying student from Africa, Latin America, Middle East, South Asia, South East Asia.
- Be enrolled full-time.
- Be enrolled on-campus at any University of Newcastle campus in Australia.
- Not hold another scholarship for the same program of equivalent or more substantial benefit.
- Meet all of the financial obligations of a full-fee paying international student, including the full tuition fee and other expenses for the purpose of obtaining your student visa, and in the event that eligibility for the scholarship is not maintained.
The scholarship benefit is $2500, payable as a tuition fee waiver, per term of full time study in an eligible program, for up to four terms. These may be paid each semester or trimester, depending on the program, to a total value of $10,000 for a two year (or more) program and $5,000 for a one year program.
Students who achieve a Distinction average will be eligible to apply for an additional $2,500 merit based scholarship in their final term of study.
The scholarship will be applied directly to the recipient’s University of Newcastle customer account around census date in the relevant term of study.
The advertised number of scholarships available is indicative only and subject to funding.