Griffith 2020 International Starter Scholarship
For: International students applying for undergraduate, postgraduate coursework programs or the Study Abroad Program at Griffith University. If you do not have a Letter of Offer for your studies at Griffith University, please contact StudyCo for instructions on how to lodge an application for admission to an eligible program.
Award value and benefits: Scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees in Trimester 2 and/or 3 2020.
How to apply
No scholarship application is required. Griffith International will identify eligible students and the 20% scholarship will be applied automatically.
To be eligible students must:
- Be a citizen of a country other than Australia or New Zealand (please refer to Terms and conditions).
- Have satisfied all appropriate entry requirements for the proposed program, including results of previous study and English language proficiency as per Griffith University's entry requirements.
- Be commencing and enrolling as a new full-time student in an eligible program in either Trimester 2 or 3 2020 at Griffith University.
Griffith 2020 International Starter Scholarships will be offered to eligible students entering undergraduate, postgraduate coursework programs or the Study Abroad Program.
The 20% scholarship will be automatically deducted from the student’s tuition fee account prior to census date, based on their enrolment. The scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees in Trimester 2 and/or 3 2020. To be eligible to receive the scholarship deduction, students must be enrolled in at least 30CP, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
Following application for admission, if an applicant is assessed to be eligible for this scholarship, Griffith International will formally advise of the Scholarship Offer in the Letter of Offer for the program. In the Letter of Offer for the program, the scholarship details and information will be included in section '2 - Tuition and other fees' as part of the 'Additional information'.
If students are assessed to be eligible for this scholarship, they do not need to take any further action as the scholarship will be applied automatically prior to the census date. The remaining balance of fees payable, based on the student’s enrolment, must be paid by census date.
Terms and conditions:
- Griffith University entry requirements apply.
- Scholarship applies to tuition fees only for students commencing in Trimester 2 or 3 2020 and it will be applied prior to the Griffith University census date. Students who defer commencement to 2021 are not eligible to receive the scholarship.
- The scholarship covers 20% of tuition fees only for undergraduate, postgraduate coursework programs or the Study Abroad Program.
- For students commencing studies in Trimester 2 2020, a deduction of 20% of tuition fees will be applied for enrolment in Trimester 2 and 3 2020.
- For students commencing in Trimester 3 2020, a deduction of 20% of tuition fees will be applied for enrolment Trimester 3 2020 only.
- If a student is awarded a Griffith University scholarship that is worth more than 20% of tuition fees, the existing scholarship at the higher value will continue to apply rather than this scholarship.
- Students must be an International Fee Paying student to qualify for the scholarship and each scholarship deduction. Any change from International Fee Paying student status will result in the scholarship being withdrawn.
- This scholarship is available to students studying onshore in Australia and those who are starting their Griffith studies from outside Australia due to current travel restrictions.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 30CP to receive the tuition fee deduction, unless credit prevents full-time enrolment.
- Students must remain enrolled in the program for which the scholarship offer was made, which is stated on the Letter of Offer issued from Griffith International Admissions.
- Should a student withdraw or cancel for any reason, the scholarship amount is non-refundable.
- Excludes applicants for Higher Degree Research, Exchange studies, Masters Qualifying Program, English language programs at the Griffith English Language Institute, online programs (campus = online), programs delivered offshore, and students who defer commencement to 2021.