The University of Melbourne Student Support Grant
- Have been outside of Australia in a location specified in the Australian Government COVID-19 travel restrictions at the time those restrictions were instituted, and
- Have incurred unexpected costs as a result of the travel restrictions, and
- Be enrolled in subjects, or granted a deferral (commencing students), or granted leave of absence (returning students).
- Costs for temporary accommodation or loss of permanent accommodation
- Unrecoverable costs associated with necessary flight changes
- Costs associated with temporary self-isolation
- Essential technology such as hardware or software to facilitate flexible learning to allow students in some courses to commence or continue studying remotely in Semester 1
- Cost of study materials relating to subjects now deferred
- Other related incidentals such as storage costs for personal belongings in Australia.
- Your personal details and a short statement of your circumstances
- Digital copies of receipts (eg scan or photo) for costs incurred. Receipts do not need to be translated into English.
If you are unsure whether the grant will cover particular items, please include these details in your application and we will assess each item on a case-by-case basis.