JCU's new Masters of Engineering professional
James Cook University Australia will now be offering a Masters of Engineering (Professional).
It will allow students to specialise in 4 keys areas:
1) IOT and Data Engineering - meant for students from a 4 year Engineering background in computers, electronics, electrical and networking background.
2) Electrical and renewable energy - meant for students from 4 year Engg background in electrical, instrumentation and possibly mechanical.
3) Water resource management - meant for civil, chemical and Env engineers.
4) Tech and Management - very similar to Engg management and fits any engineer.
The main USP's include:
1) Fees of A$26,500/year. This is most economical Masters with possible EA accreditation. EA at the masters level generally comes through for a University at the first passing batch of students.
2) Internships - Guaranteed internships that could range between 3-6 months in the final semester.
3) A dedicated research pathway that enables students to give a shot at Phd in the future.
4) IELTS score of overall 6 individual 6.
5) A minimum score of 60% in the Bachelors is required.