Swinburne University of Technology
Swinburne University of Technology is a world-class, multidisciplinary institution leading the way in science, technology, business, design and innovation.
Campuses Swinburne has three campuses in Melbourne and one in Malaysia. Our main campus is in Hawthorn, set among the vibrant cafés, restaurants and boutiques of Glenferrie Road and just 10 minutes from central Melbourne by train.. Swinburne’s Malaysia campus is located in Sarawak.
Our Hawthorn campus is a vibrant community offering a state-of-the-art learning environment and a desirable student lifestyle. The Advanced Technologies Centre and Advanced Manufacturing and Design Centre are part of recent multimillion-dollar additions and refurbishments. With a railway station practically on campus, you will have easy access to the world’s most liveable city.
53,000 students including 8,500 international students.
Swinburne has three faculties including: • Faculty of Business and Law • Faculty of Science, Engineering and Technology • Faculty of Health, Arts and Design
Swinburne offers certificates, diplomas, bachelors, masters and PhDs. We offer highquality teaching, opportunities to engage with industry, state-of-the-art facilities and flexible study options.
• Art and Social Sciences • Aviation • Business and Management • Design • Education • Engineering • English Language • Film and Television • Games and Animation • Health • Information and Communication Technologies • Law • Media and Communications • Psychology • Science
• Ranked 32 in Art & Design – QS World
University Rankings by Subject, 2016
• Top 200 in Media & Communications – QS
World University Rankings by Subject, 2016
• Top 200 in Graduate Employability – QS
Graduate Employability Rankings, 2016
Times Higher Education rankings
• Top 100 (#74) young universities in the
world – Times Higher Education 150 under
• Top 400 universities in the world - Times
Higher Education, World Universities
• Top 75 in Civil Engineering,
ShanghaiRanking’s Global Ranking of
Academic Subjects, 2016
• Top 100 in Physics, Academic Ranking of
World Universities, 2015
• Top 200 in Science, Academic Ranking of
World Universities, 2016
Work Integrated Learning
Swinburne’s Work Integrated Learning
options can prepare you for the day-to-day
requirements of work, helping you become a
more competitive graduate. The opportunities
• Professional degrees
• Professional internships
• Accreditation placements
• Industry study tours
• Industry-linked projects
workintegratedlearning for more
Why choose Swinburne?
1. A world-ranked university
2. Support services for international students
3. Quality teaching
4. Prepares you for a career
5. Located in one of Melbourne’s most
attractive inner suburbs
for more information
Viraj, Master of Professional Engineering
One of my main reasons for choosing to study at Swinburne University of Technology was the emphasis that the university places on practical learning in all its courses.
As I am studying an engineering degree, it was crucial that I undergo skills-based training at university before joining the workforce. The Master of Professional Engineering was, hence, the perfect option for me as it not only includes professional development opportunities - like mock job interviews and employer networking sessions - but it also allows a select number of students to participate in an industry project and gain meaningful professional experience.